Mobile Game Progress #27 – Doing it All Over Again

So, to fix my levels issue, I had to open a backup that had the original 50 levels in it, screenshot every level to have a layout reference, then open one of the corrupted files, screenshot anything that had changed from the originals, then order the levels to the best of my ability, then delete all of the rooms in my original save and recreate them from scratch with the necessary names. It’s a big pain in the ass.

I got the screenshots, ordering, and 10 levels put in place with the correct names. I saved and reloaded to make sure the levels weren’t fucking up again. Everything is checking out so far. Tomorrow morning, I should be able to throw the last 40 levels into place.

I ended up with more levels than I had before. Lots more. I’ll probably tweak them a little bit and make them the hard mode levels.

I’m having an issue introducing new mechanics with the current level layouts that I have ordered atm. I’ll have to make even more new levels to ease the player into new mechanics without having to spell it out for them. I think it will make for a much more fulfilling experience, since it is kind of a puzzle game after all.

Oh yeah, and I made 2 new bg music tracks this morning…Not sure if I’ll use them though.

Well…I gotta call it a night right now. Until next time.

_Doombrowski

Time Spent Today: ~2.5 hours

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s