Mobile Game Progress #25 – More Lil’ Thangs

progress

Taking a break yesterday definitely helped me feel refreshed today. I distanced myself from thinking about this game, and focused more on playing some games. It was a good idea.

This morning, I fixed an issue with gun stat credit totals being incorrectly positioned on different sized displays. It was a ghetto fix, but it did the trick. Instead of using a font, I created a sprite strip with the totals (since there are only 6) and plopped it into almost identical code to the text display code that I had previously. the only difference was changing the text display code to image_index and subtracting 1 since the index starts at 0. Problem solved. Now the credit total at the top…I’m not sure about that. I feel like Game Maker just doesn’t like the black version of this font that I’m trying to use. Racist ass Game Maker.

I also made some minor changes to some menu arrows. Basically just hid them when the menu isn’t able to be changed. I don’t want it to be confusing for no reason.

Now I just get the levels in order, modify the difficulty on some of them, change the gun equip menu to not show up until the game has been beaten, throw in a few extra sounds and I should be done with the Alpha. Woot.

Until next time.

_Doombrowski

Time Spent Today: 1 hour

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s